Tiling this .c2d on shapeoko xxl help please!

There are probably several ways to make the calculation and I think we all visualize things in our own way.

But, basically your are looking to match a position on the board with the start location/ home position for each of the projects. As a visual aid, here’s one possible way it might look for each cut:

So you need to do is figure out where the red dot (the home position) would be in each project. You could look at how far is it in X and Y from the bottom corner of the M for the project that does the first four letters, and maybe how for is your home position from the top corner of the Y for the project that does the second four letters? These would be your markers on your tape.

2 Likes

Are there two threads for this same project?!

1 Like

Apparently.

(words added to make the post more than 20 chars)

I think there are actually three threads.

2 Likes

Let’s blame give @Julien credit for fixing this messy thread! :smiley:

2 Likes

I merged the three threads into this one. This thread will look messy to someone reading it from the start, but at least there won’t be three different conversations going on, and now we can focus on seeing @RunawayTrain to the end of that tiling tunnel

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.