Tool Change Not Prompted

I’m sorry in advance if this is either in the wrong place, or if I’m so green with CNC terminology and gcode, that I’m difficult to help. I have had my Shapeoko xxl for roughly a week and running one tool path at a time was impressive. However, now that I have my bitsetter installed, I can’t seem to get Carbide Motion to prompt me to make a tool change on gcode with multiple tool paths. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, and to be quite embarrasingly honest, I’ve been brought to tears more than once out of pure frustration. :joy: Any help would be so very appreciated. If I need to give more info please let me know. Thank you so much!

In order for Carbide Motion to make use of the BitSetter one must:

• set up one’s CAD tool to allow multiple tools (in Carbide Create under Edit | Select Post Processors select “Carbide 3D Shapeoko”
  • ensure that each tool has a different/unique number
  • output all the toolpaths in a single file

If you continue to have difficulties please post your .c2d file here or send it in to us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to help.

2 Likes

Omg, I didn’t think to change my post processor! Let me see if that fixes the issue. Either way, thank you sooo much for responding so quickly.

1 Like

It worked!! I’m now crying for a different reason. I should have asked for help sooner. Thank you so much!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.