Tool library add ons

I just purchased a few new bits. 30 degree V and a 1/8” round over. I entered the feeds & speeds to the library. How do I get the design simulation in CC to show the appropriate shape of the bit.

See:

https://my.carbide3d.com/gswcc/11/

I entered a 30 degree V endmill as:

Roundover tooling isn’t supported:

Yes I got the 30 V no problem. It was that round over I was concerned about. Just as I thought, fake it with something similar and use imagination.

Thanks for your help.

The simulations only work with bits that C3D has in their stock library. Now something like a 30 degree vee will show in the simulation but a round over bit will likely never show up properly because C3D does not have a round over bit. For those type of bits you just have to hope for the best.

It is possible to edit the G-code (if need be) and then preview it using a tool such as CutViewer which does support such tool geometry.

Is getting CC to “support” those types of bits and others like tapered ball nose, etc… something that we could hope for in the future? Is it a huge task to add?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.