Tool path file organization

I have a problem that frequently after editing a tool path it will jump up or down on the list of tool paths and cross into other groups. I want them to stay in the order I have them. Also when creating a new tool path Carbide Create will list it at the very bottom and if I want to move it to the top there doesn’t seem to be an efficient way other than right click “move up” and it goes up one. Very time consuming if have over a dozen tool paths in one file. Any suggestions please!

If you can find a repeatable instance of this happening in a current version of Carbide Create please send the problematic file, and step-by-step instructions for causing the problem in to us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll try to have a developer look into it.

I’m sure support can help you with the random movement like @WillAdams said. As for moving toolpaths up and down on purpose, I accidentally discovered a great way to do this that eliminates the movement of one spot at a time. This method creates the ability to freely position a toolpath in any spot I want.

1. Right click on the toolpath
  2. Hover over the move up or down command
  3. Move the mouse cursor to the left of the selection WITHOUT clicking anything.
  4. Then position the mouse cursor at the spot where I wanted to move the toolpath.
    4a. At this point the right clicked dialogue box would remain open, but the toolpath would float along with the mouse cursor until I clicked to select its final location in my order of operations.

I hope this helps you as much as it did for me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.