Toolpath order in CC programing

So, I created 2 contour toolpaths in CC. 1 outside with tabs & 2 inside center cuts. I decided I wanted them in the order of 2 running first & 1 running last. I found you could drag and drop them in an order as I wanted by moving Toolpath 1 below toolpath 2.

My question is even though these are labeled by name and in the another order will this run as expected?

Am I being clear in my question? :thinking:

Yes, cutting order is based on order or arrangement, so will cut Toolpath 2 before Toolpath 1, if Toolpath 1 has been moved below Toolpath 2 in the list.

1 Like

Will,
Thank you very much, to you and Julien (I hope I spelled it correctly) for being extremely helpful in these forums.
I try to help where I can but I too am still learning. I get by but know enough to be dangerous. :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The great thing about having a CNC is that so long as one properly monitors it, the worst that can happen is that one might wrongly cut some stock, or break an endmill — replace the stock (and the endmill if need be) and you can try again, having learned from the previous situation. Build upon such errors, and you’ll have everything puzzled out in no time.

2 Likes

After you get the order correct be sure to save your gcode. If you saved in wrong order, then move the order there is no autosave.

Always cut least intrusive cuts first keeping cutouts for last.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.