Toolpath Organization

Hello all- I’m a newb and I’m not even sure how to term my question. Is there a way to pause and then restart a project on a different tool path in the same project in Motion?

Here is what has happened- on several attempts with a fairly complex design, there might be a hiccup - such as a piece of tear-out bumps the spindle off by a quarter of an inch and the project is no longer centered, or the router bit snaps and I lose three inches of cut before I can pause the program…

How do I back up to a tool path just prior to the hiccup rather than having to start the entire project at the beginning again?

Welcome to Carbide 3d. I am fairly new here myself and have had MANY issues. So, I hope I can help.

I have had a similar issue to you. My first question is, if you had a “snag” and nocked everything off center, it didn’t ruin your workpiece? if not, you got lucky.

Anyway, the way I would do it (and forgive me if you already know how to do this) I would simply go into carbide create and disable the toolpaths you have already run. Then reload the file. The problem will be if your zero is out of whack based on the workpiece moving on you. If this is not the case, they zero should not have changed in motion so you should be able to pickup with the next toolpath that has not been disabled.

1 Like

The only way I know of doing it would be to go back to CC, disable paths, save and restart.

If you are good at .NC, you can revise the program from the point of failure.

1 Like

Thanks David- yeah, disabling and reloading seemed the only logical option that I could come up with. I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing something.

Sure would be nice to have a feature added in Motion to see all of your tool paths at one time and have them marked as complete as you progress.

Then, it would be nice to be able to select which tool path to restart with in the event of a pause. *hint hint Carbide Gurus!

There has been talk in the last couple of months of an update that would allow restarting the job from various points. I don’t remember the details and don’t think that capability made the latest beta update.

It sounds like it’s on the short list though.

That would be sweet. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the heads-up Cullen!

Here Is how I do it if I do not know what path my failure occurred.

Selecting a path highlights the image to the right in CC. Then I can disable the paths above that path.

If that is what you were after??

1 Like

Thanks Michael-

It’s more so when I’m running the job in Motion and it’s interrupted for some reason. I would like to be able to pick up where it left off in Motion without having to go back into Create and disable tool paths and save an entirely new file.

Seems like an awful lot of unnecessary work.

I understand. Until they provide a way for us to do that in CM, CC is the only work around.

Good Luck.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.