Top of the bitsetter came off

Ruined the piece. Just another thing for everyone to watch out for I guess!

You can measure and buy a new magnet or write to support for a replacement.

1 Like

I placed a magnet on top, it doesn’t fit but it works.

It measures the bit when you change bits.

1 Like

Been there and done that…

Purchased some of this double sided tape. Worked great

2 Likes

The ID looks like 11.5 mm. Now if only I had some kind of… machine… a machine that could cut a solid stock material into a perfect 11.4 mm diameter circle… hmm maybe one day someone will make an affordable one and maybe some day I will have several of them… haha just kidding some day is now

If it’s magnetic I guess it’s probably stuck to the back of a wrench but I can’t find the damn thing.

I found this happening with the McFly cutter. Support, like others here suggested using a small piece of double-side tape to keep it in place.

It is a catch 22. The top was made to be replaced but if you damage it you need to attach it so it is harder to replace. Round and round and round.

I have an original with solid button and almost drilled through it when I first got it. Then I got a used xl with the newer one and during cleaning blew the magnet away. I ordered a bunch of 10mm magnets from Amazon.

Also with regard to your other response on the McFly care, thank you twice for great information!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.