I’m using the touch probe to set my zero and it’s not accurately registering. Here’s my process:
- Securely attach my material to the wasteboard which has been surfaced by my Shapeoko XL.
- Connect CM, initialize my machine and allow the BitSetter to measure the length of the bit.
- Place the touch probe at the corner of my material with the edge HANGING OVER.
- Jog the bit to above the target and then tap the Probe button in CM.
- Choose the three axis zero with the correct bit selected, in this case a 1/8" Endmill.
- Probe goes through it’s steps and the zeroes are set.
- Run my file and find that my pockets are approximately 0.05" too shallow.
- Troubleshoot by zeroing on my material with paper and find that the pockets are the perfect depth.
The photo is the test pocket run after the paper zero. Any thoughts on why this is occurring, and more importantly, how to fix it?