Trying to use BitZero to 0,0 Top Left

I am trying to set up my X,Y 0,0 to be at the top left of my piece.

It seems that the BitZero only allows you to find a corner with X,Y 0,0 at the bottom left. Does anyone know if there is a way to use BitZero to find 0,0 for the top left corner of your workspace?

Thanks
Tim

No there isn’t, not if you are using Carbide Motion. It’s been suBmitted as a feature request recently if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I’m doing my design work with Vcarve Desktop and setting Datum 0,0 to Top Left to help better align with the output from my laser engraver.

Kind of disappointed that there is no way to have additional drop downs in the bit zero probe menu for:

Top Left X,Y,Z
Bottom Left X,Y,Z
Top Right X,Y,Z
Bottom right X,Y,Z

Basically if the bit zero fixture is a perfect square, it would be an extremely simple exercise to code this in the software to allow the extra options. Is there a formal forum for making feature requests?

1 Like

Please write in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll get it added/tallied.

1 Like

Thank you. Request has been submitted!

Tim

1 Like

Just curious, is there any kind of feedback or message that would say a request has been received and whether or not it may be added?

Thanks
Tim

Not really, we have an internal tracking system, and send message back and forth about things.

I will note that this feature is addressed in the nascent BitZero v2:

so your best bet would be to buy that when it becomes available.

2 Likes

Any ETA on when this will be available again?

ZZ

Unfortunately, shown as Sold Out.

Is there a way to pre-order or order in advance of production to be guaranteed one when they become available? Any idea when these will be available again?

Thanks,
Tim

They have not yet been available for individual purchase — that was a pre-announcement because they are bundled with the Nomad 3.

Unfortunately our shop is not set up for pre-orders — please write in to sales@carbide3d.com for details and be sure to sign up for notification when it comes in stock.

1 Like

Thanks,

I have already signed up to be notified when they become available. IDEALLY, the small code modification and software updated needed to use my existing BitZero in Carbide Motion would come before then and save me $120!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.