Tutorials on Fusion 360 Circuit Board for Nomad?

Hi All. I have a Nomad 883 and would like to try making a double sided circuit board using Fusion 360. Is there any tutorials?

I’m not sure if you mean design and mill a circuit board? Fusion allows you to place a circuit board into your design, but generally people will use Eagle to design it. Another popular one is KiCad. For milling the boards there a lot of ways, but I’ve had a lot of success using Carbide Copper - it is very easy to use and hard to screw things up (compared to most software at least :). Recently I’m doing scratch milling, which works really well imo, but you do need to step through a lot of software to create contours and autoleveling (this isn’t hard once everything is set up, but there is a lot to set up). I have a video on that here: https://youtu.be/VN0X4jVp4XI

If you have any specific questions along the way, happy to try and help!

6 Likes

If I could like this twice I would. Awesome.

1 Like

Fusion had Eagle CAD integration now, but I don’t know if you could set up toolpaths to mill the board as well (that would be cool).
It’s been a while since I’ve done it, but you can use FlatCam to generate toolpaths from your gerber exports.

Current version of fusion360 includes eagle functionality.

1 Like

Thanks All. I do like the ability to design a circuit board in Fusion 360. I will try to design a simple 2 sided circuit board and share what I can.

2 Likes

Ahh I didn’t know that also allowed designing now, thanks

No isolation routing that I know of yet…I don’t know if they have that planned, but it would be an obvious next step.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.