UGS Platform on Raspberry Pi 4

After some frustration with the lack of keyboard shortcuts in CNCjs, I have switched my attention to UGS Platform on my Raspberry Pi 4. Running CM on the RPi4 works perfectly, so I know the setup and serial comms are working and reliable.
Java JDK 8
RPi4 4GB
Once UGS has loaded, refresh the ports selection, choose /dev/ttyACM0 and connect. The console window shows output from the ShapeOKO3 starting, but the $$ report stops after $20, sometimes $21 and occasionally $13 is displayed, and UGS doesn’t appear to recognise that a ‘GRBL device has properly responded’ and so reports it as ‘OFF-LINE’.
Cannot fathom what is happening… I wonder of any of the forum good and great have seen this and know what is happening?

I can help you to add the keyboard shortcuts you want to CNCjs if you wish?

1 Like

An example would be Zero X-axis at the current location. Is this the sort of thing you can do?

I’ve found what is causing the issue in UGS, as first posted. There appears to be a bug in the latest build that mis-reads ‘$20=1’ and believes the machine is trying to declare an A axis. This isn’t trapped and results in a Java exception that stops processing. Switching $20=0 means that UGS now loads correctly. I will press the authors to remedy this as I really want soft limits enabled to protect the machine from excessive movement requests

1 Like

Yes thats doable. Are you running it on a Raspberry pi or windows? If windows, I can prepare a .msi file for you.
If you are running it on a rpi, I’ll list up where you can do it.
I don’t have so much time during a day to fiddle with stuff like this so please be a little patient with me :slight_smile:

I would be most grateful for any pointers or help, in whatever time you are able to give. My setup is on a Pi 4. I have UGS fully working, jogging, probing and cutting, including working around the VNC display driver/OpenGL clash to make the Visualizer work, and the dial-pendant can drive UGS exactly as I wanted - so I have one solution working. But I kinda like CNCjs, so would still like to see if I can make that work.

im having the same problem did that file happen? Id love to test it

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.