Unable to open carbide create

Just went to trial the carbide create pro and got this message,now can not open carbide create,any clues,I am on a I Mac

This thread may help?

@WillAdams may be able to better direct you.

Thanks Josh,that’s me,deleted everything and reinstalled but no go.

Deleted everything related to carbide create and still will not open as it tells me the pro trial will save g codes.I had this issue before and got it going with support help,may be telling me something that I should look at another program that lets me do basic 3d work as this is frustrating

Should have said will not save g codes

Hey Graham: Is your ASB Bank password really “Remember me” ?

With respect to your issue, you might want to clear out the “data” folder for Carbide Create so it doesn’t think you are doing the Pro trial. I think on a mac it’s in ~/Library/Preferences/

(Command Shift 3 and Command Shift 4 let you capture your mac’s screen, btw)

(Edit: ~ in the path refers to your user’s home directory)

Which version of Carbide Create are you trying to install?

On which Mac OS version?

Have you tried the standard computer troubleshooting things? (reboot, check for updates, make a new user account, install in the new account)

If you continue to have difficulties, send the crash log in to support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to assist.

You may want to try disk utilities and rebuild permissions. Also are you using any virus detection, if so shut it off for the install.

1 Like

I wish it was that easy to remember,we have been thrown into a lockdown and Iwas going to get a Mac mini on Thursday,shops are closed,no paint shops open to get paint to do the post and rail fences,no hole saw to cut holes for my dust deputy,shops are closed,so I thought I will get up to speed on the pro for a plunge into 3D but got stumped,now I can not open carbide create.At least I have time to get create going.I am thinking of a complete reset of the Mac as I have everything off it ready to put onto the new mini?

Lockdowns are inconvenient, certainly.

Your installation of the app will not change the configuration files it’s stored in your home directory.
It seems to think you have a pro trial. You probably should tell it you don’t by removing your local files. These are probably in /Users/graham/Library/Preferences/something-with-carbide-3d-in-the-name.

This is a smaller change than a full reset.

Thanks Gerry and William,have deleted the settings file and now have open the Beta version,as soon as I go to start the pro trial I am back to square one,so will keep away from the trial.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.