Undefined State-Controller restart

Team, alittle confused…this is happening after every completed job. Last week, it was only jobs that lasted more than 3 hrs. Right at the 3hr mark, it would disconnect on me. Now today, it’s after every job I run I get this error once the machine goes to the home position.

Running a Shapeoko 4 Pro with a Spindle.

I’m working with some really expensive hardwoods and the inlays I’m doing right now is devastating.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Maurice

Please send such a file in to support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to look into this w/ you.

1 Like

It is coincidental that it is happening at the conclusion but I would suspect static. When the bit raises and there is static it discharges somewhere. The error is usually static. With the colder weather the static potential is rising. Suggest you look on the forum about grounding your spindle and machine. It may be something else but go with the odds and suspect static.

Thinking it’s a static problem too, I’ve grounded every inch of the machine I can think of, including my dust collection.

I’m in Colorado Springs area and it’s terribly dry right now.

Also thinking it might be my post processor, as it trips once it hits the home area.

I’ll submit a trouble ticket to support and see what happens.

1 Like

I had an unexpected disconnect yesterday. My machine moved to position for the second tool on a project. After tightening the collet on the second tool I turned to hit Resume to send it to the Bitsetter and saw the disconnect message displayed. That was a first.

Well the good news is you can just disable the first tool path and run the 2nd tool path. The issue with v7 is if you disconnect half way through the project it is harder to edit your gcode and continue half way through instead of re running the whole project. I know the pro you can output the gcode and they did have a tool on c3d site to extract gcode but all that is just a pain. So I guess the bottom line is try to avoid the stoppages in the first place would seem to be the best medicine. So the old Ben Franklin saying “A stitch in time saves nine” is still true today on your CNC.

This is what I did to help cure my static issues.

Grounding your Shapeoko - CNC Machines / Shapeoko - Carbide 3D Community Site

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.