Update on pro 5 initialization woes

My new pro 5 will initialize/home fine the first couple of tries in the morning; after that I consistently get grbl 8 alarms. I disabled bitsetter with the same failures. All the places that I read about to check are tight. Does this sound like a bad controller issue?

this is an update to my previous post: When I test the limit switches in the debug screen, they all pass except for an oddity in x–e.g., when I move metal next to the x limit switch to test it, the red LED will go on and off, but in the debug window, the indicator for x comes on but does not go off when I remove the metal. When I do an initialization, it moves to home but fails with a grbl alarm 8 error message, and the x axis light is on in the debug screen. Any suggestions to trouble shoot this issue? Tech support, altho responsive, only responds once every 24 hours which means it will take a long time to resolve that way. We have been going back and forth for several days now with no fix.

I am sure you have already done this, but make sure the prox switch wiring has no kinks and none of the Molex connectors have pushed out, and they are all seated properly.

Use a flashlight to check out the control board, look for plugs in backwards/upside down, not fully seated, smell for burnt components…
I had a issue way back on a SPro that the wiring was backwards on one limit switch plug.

Hope this helps, good luck and I promise they will get you fixed up soon!

2 Likes