Upgrade 431 to V5

Should I, or shouldn’t I, upgrade to the newest version. I currently have a stock XXL machine, without bit setter. I have been using the machine a lot, with very little problems. Does the new version have anything that allows for setting the max depth on V-carve?

461 has the advanced vcarve feature … but it needs a bitsetter.

or use a software tool to split the gcode into 2 separate files.
(I should write on of those over the weekend now that I mentioned this I suppose)

1 Like

Saving separate tool path G-codes is not a problem for me, I presume the bit setter function can be disabled. If I download the new version, is the old 431 version still available?

Carbide Create will show the toolpath as one, even though there are two tools in use ( this is a gui limitation that @robgrz implied can only be fixed in their upcoming GUI overhaul)

In the past when people wanted to downgrade, an email to support got them sorted…

1 Like

I’ve done some more research, I guess I the next step up is not V5, but v461. New tool library, V-carve set-depth, are there any other major improvements?

1 Like

Better feeds and speeds

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.