Upgraded to 618 - machine doesn't work now

Was puttering along just fine with 568. Decided to try the new 618 carbide motion update. Now I can’t cut anything. As soon as it makes contact on the Y axis, the machine freezes in place and can’t seem to move. Nothing else has changed.

I tried to go back to 568, but the problem persists. I’ve taken the Y axis apart, oiled it, and put it back together. Still nothing.

Anyone know how to reset the system and get me back to 568? Apparently installing CM 568 isn’t enough.

1 Like

On deeper inspection, it seems like it isn’t spinning up the VFD to the proper RPM… not sure how to fix this.

I just upgraded to Carbide Motion 618 and have the same issues.
Mine is running but much slower. It thinks I have a Compact router, instead of the VFD spindle.
Asks me to turn on the spindle/router and adjust the speed!!! I went into settings but can find no options for indicating that I have a VFD spindle.

Hi - yeah, I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to that. It looks like 618 makes some sort of configuration change with the VFD. Doing a system restore doesn’t fix it. Using older drivers doesn’t fix it. Reverting back to a 5XX build doesn’t fix it. Even using a different G code sender doesn’t fix it. I hope there is a software fix / firmware reset soon!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.