Users Group - of two

I have been looking for someone in my area with a hobby CNC with whom I could share some of the joys and frustrations of a Shapeoko XL that teases and torments me as I learn this technology.

Today I was looking through a local newspaper (remember those things that are printed on paper) and seen an article about a gentleman with a CNC. I was reading the article and then glanced at the accompanying photograph. The nameplate on the machine caught my attention.

Shapeoko

This evening I spent 30 minutes on the phone with the man in the picture. We will be getting together to share or experiences. This should be relatively easy as the travel time is 8 minutes according to Google Maps - that is walking time. Yes, our houses are 8 blocks apart. And our town is only 2000 souls.

I bought my Shapeoko last April and he bought his last September. Both of us are novices to the CNC world. We are looking forward to good conversations.

Bill

13 Likes

Here’s a fun idea to utilize two Shapeokos:: S3 XXL Pro and Regular.... Can they Double Team a Long Piece of Stock

@72begin: this is awesome, nothing beats sharing a hobby/passion with a friend. In December 2019 I was in contact with someone locally to do something similar, and then…the crazyness started, and we had to cancel our plans, sigh…

Do let us know about what you two make, and…the name of your newly founded Shapeoko user’s club !

1 Like

Sharing a hobby/passion with a whole lot of nice folks on a forum is pretty cool too, but it’s much harder to go and have a beer with them after a workshop session, so it will remain a close #2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jeff:

You must be a Domino player :slight_smile:

Bill

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.