V bits in Canada?

Hello! Does anyone have a source for v bits in Canada? I am looking to do some large signs and am trying to find a 5/8 and 1 or so diameter 90 degree v bit. I have looked at the places mentioned in the Wiki, but they don’t seem to have anything like that. I’m a bit surprised, thinking it would be an easy thing to find, perhaps I’m looking in the wrong place or searching for the wrong term. Any suggestions would be helpful as I’m working on some projects that need this asap.

Thanks so much!
Andrew

1 Like

Have you tried home centers or hardware stores? Usually 90 degree router bits are pretty readily available.

1 Like

Hi. One would think, but I cannot find anything. Except for a Freud one that is tiny and has a flat tip. I have just ordered a couple of Bosch ones from Amazon, don’t know if its the right thing. This one:

and this one

Oops and this one:

I would be happy to get a high-end bit ( you get what you pay for) but the shipping from the US is brutal-but if you have a recommendation from anywhere, I might just suck up the cost.

Please check with our resellers in Canada, Matterhackers, Robotshop, &c.

Yes getting endmills at a reasonable price in Canada is an issue. Most of the ones bought on the US Amazon, E-Bay and some others refuse to sell to Canada or charge terrible shipping and duties not to mention the couriers that tack on expensive custom brokerage fees payable at the door. This is above being hosed by credit card companies and/or PayPal for the curency exchange. In general, those that are available on the Canadian E-Bay, Amazon have poor selection and their prices are inflated and/or they charge way too much for transport.

When I go visit, relatives across the border, I make purchases and send them to their house ahead of time, this way I only get soaked for the currency exchange. I also have a US delivery address across the border to get things I cannot get otherwise but I have to make a road trip to get the package.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I was wondering in the states where you typically source bits from?
Cheers
Andrew

It depends where in Canada you are. In BC we have KMS tools for endmills and router bits. WoodPecker Vee-Bits are cheap.
Busy Bee Tools.
Harvey Tools see link for your local distributer. http://www.harveytool.com/finddistributor.aspx
Technicut is here in BC for endmills too.
Home Depot has V-Bits. Home Hardware has all router bits.

1 Like

My friend has a buddy that uses toolstoday.com and swears by them. Never orderd from them myself.

1 Like

Thanks! They look great and their shipping is reasonable.

1 Like

I will check it out, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.