V Wheel eccentric nuts not opening far enough

Hey everyone! I’m working on assembling my new shapeoko 4 standard and have adjusted the eccentric nuts for the y axis with the dimples up in the “open” position. Even with the wheels as far apart as possible, only one set of them have any wiggle room. The other 3 sets are quite snug already even with the nuts in the fully opened position. I’m worried that they’re too tight and will cause unnecessary resistance to movement in the y axis and/or develop flat spots. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I just assembled my SO4 Standard this weekend. The wheels were pretty tight, but after exercising them by slowly moving the gantry and Z-axis mounting plate through their complete range of motion (power off, of course) a few times, I found that all but one were slipping when I tested them, and required a bit of tightening – perhaps 1/8 of a turn.

Please send photos of this in to support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to assist.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.