V wheel hitting my belt clip

Hoping to sometime come out of the “need help” realm but for now that’s where I am. My v wheels in the back are hitting my belt clips when back fully in the Y axis. Anyone run into this?

I put heavy duty V wheels on mine and I had to grind a little off the clip. It looks like you might be able to rotate the clip and eliminate the interference based on the photo

3 Likes

Me too…and pushed the clip away too.

2 Likes

Loosened it seems to roll over it now easier not sure if that was the fix or I created another issue with a loose V wheel???

You should re-tighten the V wheel — assembly is done without the benefit of being on a rail, so positioning can be less than optimal and loosening will allow a tiny bit of adjustment w/in the space allowed by the difference of the bolt versus the hole size — also tweak the position of the belt anchor as suggested and you should be good to go.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll retighten and try to move the belt anchor out of the path. Thanks for the inputs all.

When I upgraded to the HDZ you have to remove the x belt and re-install. My belt clip when tightened tried to rotate and did the same thing. I loosened the belt clip bolt and held the clip with a pair of needle nose pliers as I tightened the clip. That was all it took. There is very little room between the belt and the v wheels. But just enough.

5 Likes

Well I retightened the v wheel and loosened the clamp whilst holding holding it with pliers retightened the clamp, tested it and you are right it’s a tight fit but it’s a fit. Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Which heavy duty V wheels are you using Gary?

i ended up noticing this at assembly, that the wheels touch just slightly, i pulled each one back off one at a time and filed down the edge that touches.

1 Like

I got mine from Mr Beaver — @Luke would have to say where he’d sourced them from. I’d like to buy some spares in case I ever need them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.