VCarve 10 released

I just got an e-mail that VCarve Pro 10 has been released. To note, toolpaths with multiple clearance tools, a material database in the tools menu and support for creating Photo VCarving and lithophanes. Unfortunately missing from this update is the addition of adaptive clearing toolpaths.

Here is a list from the e-mail I received

![Enhanced 2D Drawing]

Enhanced 2D Drawing

Intuitively drag multiple vectors and spans to quickly manipulate vectors.

PhotoVCarving

Convert photographs and images into toolpaths producing stylised engraved designs. ![Optimizing Clearance Tools in VCarving]

Optimizing Clearance Tools in VCarving

VCarve toolpath now supports multiple clearance tools for more efficient area clearance.

Tutorial Videos # See Version 10 in action!

This short video shows all of the enhancements and new features in Version 10.

Click here to view V10 tutorial video\ 180x40

Bitmap Improvements

Bitmap Improvements

Directly rotate bitmap images using the rotation handles on the corner of the image.
Node Editing

Node Editing

Node editing can now be performed on multiple vectors at the same time for quicker editing.
Welding Text

Welding Text

The welding tool now intelligently welds overlapping text, keeping all of the internal regions of the text.

PhotoVCarving

PhotoVCarving

Convert photographs and images into toolpaths producing stylised engraved designs.
Tool Database

Tool Database

The updated tool database makes naming and storing, machines, materials and tools easier.
Improved Nesting

Improved Nesting

See all the outer boundaries and outlines for parts, and nest on both sides.

Optimizing Clearance Tools in VCarving

Optimizing Clearance Tools

VCarve toolpath now supports multiple clearance tools for more efficient area clearance.
Level Cropping

Level Cropping

Constrain a model to a chosen boundary and dynamically crop the contents.
Lithophane Preview

Lithophane Preview

Easily preview the lithophane effect on simulated toolpaths with lithophane preview mode.

2 Likes

Big changes to the tool DB. You can now add machines and materials for bits and customize speeds and feeds for each material. If also can automatically calculate the chipload for you. Nice stuff

3 Likes

I am tempted to upgrade.

A side note for any other Vcarve Desktop user wondering about the pricing, I just received an email saying:

“Due to a system error you may have received an email incorrectly advising you that the upgrade to version 10 is free. We are very sorry for this error and any confusion caused. The cost to upgrade to Version 10 of VCarve Desktop is $90”

Ok, fair enough, it’s a major upgrade. But then I go on the Vectric page, and see the upgrade is actually…102 euros, that’s 113$ at today’s exchange rate. Not the clearest communication I ever saw…

Yes the dollar is very strong at the moment compared to pounds and euros…

Yes that vcarve 10 does look very good indeed with its new features as well as the existing ones that make it a premium product.

I’ll bet they meant £90. That works out to €99.74 and 113.48 USD according to my currency app.

The website here says

$90 / £70 / €85 (excludes local taxes) for vcarve desktop upgrade

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.