VCarve Desktop: Post Processor for Nomad 3

Hello everybody,

I want to give VCarve Desktop a try with my Nomad 3 and was wondering if anyone is using it together with the Nomad 3? In particular I am looking for a Post Processor. Unfortunately I only found one for the Shapeoko Machines, but not for the Nomad 3.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bernhard

The Shapeoko post should work.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! Does it matter which Shapeoko I select? VCarve Desktop lets me select different Shapeoko models (Shapeoko 3, 4, 5 and Pro). Can I just select any of those or does it need to be one specific?

The big consideration is if it supports the BitSetter or no.

See:

1 Like

Thanks! If I understood you correctly, then the BitSetter is already tested with the Post Processor from GitHub - neilferreri/V-Carve-PPs: Posts for Vectric V-Carve, right? So I guess it is better if I use this one then? :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure Vectric tech support has been handing out @neilferreri 's post-processor.

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve tried it with the Shapeoko Post Processors that are shipped with VCarve. And while those produce a working gcode they do not support tool changes. So I then tried the Post Processor from the above github link, which worked like a charm. I am happy now :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help!