Vcarve size limitations

Learned today that VCarve has a size limit! 25x25 after I upgraded to a Shapeoko 3 XXL.

Any recommendations on software for the big projects?

VCarve Pro ? :wink:
It depends on the amount of effort you are willing to put to workaround this limitation if you don’t want to spend that much money. You could decide to split your design into sub-parts that can each be cut within the 25"x25" limit, and adjust your workflow/zeroing procedure to cut the sub-parts in sequence from a single piece of stock. Similar to tiling, but also along the X dimension too (if that makes sense).

3 Likes

To be specific, Vectric VCarve Desktop has an intentionally limited size, but has the possibility of tiling. Upgrading to either Pro or Aspire allows projects of any size which will fit on one’s machine.

FWIW, Carbide Create does not have a size limit and one can make projects of arbitrary sizes.

1 Like

I have an xxl and truthfully I seldom need larger than the 25x25 limitation. For the few larger jobs Carbide Create is free.

1 Like

If you do decide to move up to the next level Vetric gives you credit for your previous purchase. So if you think you need to have the pro you have not wasted any of your investment, just a bigger investment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.