Vectric V-Carve Pro

Hiya,

I’m about to order a bit setter from Carbide 3D but am also thinking of graduating to Vectric software for my CAD/CAM work. Does anyone know whether the bit setter will work with Vectric products. I’d rather not spend money unnecessarily, especially as everything jhas to be shipped to remote Tasmania.

Thanks, as always,

Mervyn Mitchell

Yes, with a post processor which enables tool changes the BitSetter works fine with Vectric products.

1 Like

And your best bet is to go with @neilferreri’s tried and test post processor for VCarve, linked here.

3 Likes

As a V-Carve and Bitsetter owner, I honestly like not combining gcode for different bits into one file. There are a variety of reasons but some include:

• Carve too long to do in one session
  • Fine tuning the Z height (sometimes with a VCarve inlay I will intentionally do a pass with Z offset up a bit)
  • V bits sometimes need a bit of fine tuning if their tip is very slightly flat
  • Labeling file names is clear and concise for future use

Now to be clear I still love the bitsetter, I just use the change tool button between carves. Its like 3 more clicks but still great.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.