Vectric V12 Out

I’ve been playing around with the new Sketch Carving Toolpath. For me it’s a big upgrade from adding a bitmap image and using the Trace feature. So much easier and cleaner results without having to spend time cleaning up the vectors.

1 Like

I wish that I could figure out a way to save the vectors that the toolpath creates. Even in the demo the nose of the dog is missing. If you have figured that out I would appreciate a heads up. I can make a component but that becomes 3d, which doesn’t save anything. It works really well with highly defined line art.

Yes, it would be nice if once created you could tweak them but there was specific mention in one of the videos that was not supported.

Instead of it being a toolpath it should be a new tool in the design tab.

1 Like

Exactly. This is just silly until a real designer can manipulate the vectors. It does work pretty well with solid line art but is not good enough for photos as they advertised. Even the “learn your cnc” guy has results that I wouldn’t bring to a show… and Vectric featured his video. I think they rushed it and I look forward to seeing them make it right.

I haven’t tried yet but maybe you could screenshot the green and then import that and trace like a normal bitmap and tweak from there.