VFD power box quality

So, my first one went bad May 23 no problem customer service says send back we’ll repair and send back to you. Here we are yesterday same damn issue no M3S10000 spin, jog gets you 1200 etc, red power switch dim. They’re supposed to send another RMA and go through the same process but this is it for me. For the cost this should not happen with normal operation as it worked great Friday. Has anyone used a different power box (Chinese too?) that may work longer?

1 Like

Same thing happened I think this is a known problem.Curious to know what it is

1 Like

This is the kind of problem you have when you run proprietary electronics. If you search spindle lock out youll finds tons of posts similar.

We are working with the folks who have had this problem.

The reality is that a lot of things are made in China these days, and quality control can be challenging if you don’t have a separate on-site quality control group co-located at the factory, or have some other arrangement.

There is a warranty, and we will honor it, and we are not going to let it run out and leave folks without a working unit for a significant portion of the warranty timeframe.

Anyone who has issues or concerns should let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to work with you to get you up-and-running.

2 Likes

Are the VFD enclosures built and wired there too?

Meanwhile I have 2 C3D spindles running great (one for over a year).

3 Likes

CS hasn’t responded in over a week they used to be really good but I guess all things must pass. My controller box was delivered last Friday not a peep out of them.

We are reviewing these and sourcing parts and making repairs as quickly as possible.

We will check and see what we can let you know about the status of your part.

how long is the warranty? I got mine a year ago, and just finally got the cooler working today so about to turn it on for the first time. Did I already lose warranty status?

Let us know the specifics of your situation at support@carbide3d.com and if you need warranty service we will work out how to handle that.

1 Like

I mean should I do that now or if I need warranty service, you all have been more than accommodating through out my ordeal.

Do it now so as to get this into our system — then we can look up the old ticket and use that information should you have a problem and use that to consider how the situation should be handled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.