Visible toolpaths when using Layers in Carbide Create Pro

When I use the layers feature, the tool paths still show up for hidden vectors when I’m in the Toolpaths tab. Why is that? And is it changeable? A lot of times it would be much easier to inspect my project if it was possible to visually suppress both the vector line and the toolpath.

Hiding a Layer does not disable any toolpaths on that layer. You have to do that separately.

In the Toolpaths tab, you can right-click on any toolpath, one of the options will be Disable / Enable. You can also do the same on a Toolpath Group, which operates on all toolpaths in that group.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m familiar with the disable feature in toolpaths. What I was hoping for was a way to hide upper toolpaths without changing the part simulation view. During troubleshooting, I can’t tell what my deeper toolpath looks like on the last cuting operations under the myriad of green/red lines unless I disable the overlapping toolpaths, but unfortunately that also changes the representation of the final part.

OK, so what you would like is more fine-grained control of which toolpaths are visualized? Like, the toolpath is still enabled, but the path of the tool is omitted on a toolpath-by-toolpath basis, rather than all-or-nothing?

You could re-categorize this post as a Feature Request, the devs may add it to the list of things to consider.

Thanks for the suggestion!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.