Walnut and oak box with hidden drawers

This was a fun project, My son helped me with it. I messed up a bit on the knobs, but other than that, it turned out great. Turns out, when you turn it over, and you are not exactly centered, things don’t line up perfect…Lesson learned. I have many projects that I have done over the past few years, and I incorporate my Shapeoko into almost everything I make now. I am currently trying to learn how to do inlays.

And my Son wants me to make Thor’s hammer.

15 Likes

A tip of my hat to you for this beautiful piece, and bringing back memories of sleepless nights playing Magic The Gathering.

1 Like

thanks for the response.

Very nice! Congratulations on a job well done.

Very nice – I think the box might also done well in the community puzzle competition. Would love to see more projects!

4 Likes

I like your project. It is good to get kids involved at an early age. Skills they learn now will last a lifetime. So many kids have attention defeciet from watching phones and so on it is hard for many to concentrate long enough to finish a project. Finishing a project is a confidence boost. Kids need a confidence boost now because there are so many negative influences around them from social media and other dark places on the interwebs.

2 Likes