Warning! Buyer beware

I was duped into buying BobCad-CAM software that does not work with Shapeoko. They want to charge me for a post processor, at a large expense. They promised me a refund if it did not work on my machine. I took that crooked salesman’s word for it. Bad mistake!!. It has been 2 months of back and forth with no results.

After they refused my refund, they banned me from the forum. That should explain their policies.

Here is a link to other peoples’ dealings with Bobcad-CAM’s crooked policies.

I hope this helps someone.

2 Likes

There was a time when Alde Paolo promised low cost licenses for hobbyists, and also worked up a post-processor which should allow it to work:

http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/download/file.php?id=983

See: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=826&start=10#p37641 for more information

2 Likes

I sure hope the OP is talking to their CC about charging back.

2 Likes

I am not sure about who you mean.

You. Did you pay with a credit card, and have you contacted your credit card company and explained you’d like to charge the purchase back?

2 Likes

Yes, I paid by credit card. No, I have not contacted them. Do you think I have a chance?

For the record, I contacted this company years ago and thought at the time (just my humble opinion) that they must have their sales people on a substantial commission, because they weren’t inclined to take “no” for an answer.

2 Likes

Yes, you have written email evidence and credit card companies want you as their customer, not businesses so they’ll fight for you.

Please let us know if the post-processor which I posted a link for doesn’t work on newer versions. If it doesn’t I’d like to add a note to that effect so as to not waste folk’s time.

Thanks for that. I have not had a chance to try it yet.

As Phil said above you can contact your credit card company and even if it over their limit they can try to go a good faith charge back to the software company. It wont cost you any more than it already has except in time. At least dispute the charges to the credit card company. Dont delay they have time limits but even if the time limit has lapsed ask them to do it anyway. I use American Express for online shopping because they immediately take it off your bill and then THEY talk to the vendor. Usually I never hear about the subject again from American Express and saved the money on a rip off.

1 Like

You may also want to contact the Better Business Bureau if nothing else will work out (assuming the post processor doesn’t work).

Fusion 360 is a much better option for cad and cam

1 Like

Thanks to all you good people for all the advice and information. I really appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.