Wasteboard Grid Lines Gone Horribly Wrong

I’ve had the cutter come loose in the collet a couple of times. The cutter drops and digs into the workpiece, the Z and X belts slip, and chaos follows. I crank the collet down rather tightly now.

3 Likes

Keep in mind to leave enough lead out of the stepper for in case you need to cut and splice again at some later time.
I left enough on mine to go a couple of times if needed,
Too bad about the waste board,
good luck with the issue.

Are they sending you a new spoilboard? I had aluminum spoilboards made, so I have 2 extra sets of aluminum surrounds and mdf strips if needed.

Sorry false alarm, mine is a XXL unless you want to cut them down…

I had the same sue where the z axis plunged into the work piece due to bad wires connectors. after this happening a couple of times the company sent me a new wire harness with new drag chains which solved the issue

1 Like

Do you run a dust collector?? Static Buildup can cause disconnects. If you do run one, make sure that everything is grounded!! My two cents…

1 Like

Really appreciate that offer! They did send me new spoilboard and aluminum surrounds though.

I want to thank everyone for all the help and advice. As well as shout out Carbide’s incredible support team. One of the main reasons I ended up ordering a Shapeoko over other CNCs on the market is because of what I had heard about the community and support that you get with one. That couldn’t be more true and as a beginner here I am constantly amazed by how great these forums are and how responsive, helpful and willingness to make things right the support team shows. So thank you!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.