Wasteboard Surfacing Issue

I got the spindle trammed, appreciate the help!

The new waste board has no visible lines or inconsistencies, I’m very happy with the results.

Crazy how out of whack my x axis was, but the eccentric nuts made it easy to fix.

2 Likes

Glad that helped. I just bought a 5Pro and noticed some aluminum chips on the table extrusions. A rag quickly took care of that before I installed them.

Asking for a newbie. Do I need to create a program to surface the wasteboard? Also, should I try to tram the spindle first? Any deviation in the wasteboard would show up during a tram.
I just got my 5 Pro assembled.

Many of our customer never bother with tramming until forced to by the need to resurface their machine after a prolonged period of usage.

Thus usual approach is several steps:

• first surface the MDF — this establishes a reference plane for the machine motion, even if it is scalloped
  • then put a sheet of glass or a granite inspection plate or some other reference surface of uniform thickness down and adjust the Z-axis/spindle for plumb (the VFD manual has a bit on doing this)
  • re-surface the MDF which should now be even and unscalloped

If need be, repeat the last two steps

2 Likes

Thank you for that. If I do decide to surface the MDF, do I need to make a program for that? There’s no way to do it in 'jog mode;.

Yes, you need to make a file. I like to do one slat at a time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.