Welcome Luke to C3D

Unsupported no more! I can’t wait to see the great things you and C3D will do together. The announcement is appearing on Facebook

https://carbide3d.com/blog/2019/luke-from-beaver-cnc-joins-carbide-3d/?fbclid=IwAR3LKI8KjGWtRd7yBBEDhi1leq_BCgX6gLljgXQLeJqr2C-_G4b4krOX72E

14 Likes

Great news! I expect that @Luke will get the platform to move forward in a big way. I can’t way to see what is in the pipeline.

8 Likes

@Luke - Luke that’s great news!! Congrats.

Can we count on you to get metric bits put in the probing function? Please!

2 Likes

Congratulations @Luke to you and your wife! I can’t wait to see what you and the C3D team design and/or improve next.

I would love to see CM support of the full HDZ travel distances (mostly the Z axis, but the X and Y axis wouldn’t be bad either). :wink:

2 Likes

This is wonderful news! Cant wait to see what ou guys come up with. Congrats to Carbide 3D and Luke!!!

1 Like

Congrats to Luke and the Carbide team, looking forward to see what the dream team will be offering… I will be happy to use CM with the HDZ!

1 Like

Thanks chaps, I’m really pleased to be brought onto the team. We have some really cool things planned.

5 Likes

When I thought my Shapeoko addiction could not get worse…
This is excellent news, and it makes a lot of sense. Congrats Luke !

3 Likes

Congratulations Luke and the team at C3D. A win/win all round

1 Like

Will you be moving or teleworking?

1 Like

Initially we will stay in the UK, but in time there is a chance I will move over to Cali. It’s just not something I can do overnight.

I will be spending a few weeks over there in September.

3 Likes

Mark Twain said “The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco.”

2 Likes

That’s great news!

But, please be aware, “Cali” is even more un-cool then “Frisco” to the locals. Haha!

2 Likes

This is wonderful. I can’t wait to see what the new team can come up with. Congratulations to all of you.

1 Like

Hope to see a Shapeoko with 6" z Clearance :slight_smile:

I normally don’t comment on such announcements, but I have to say as a Shapeoko owner I am VERY excited by this announcement, not only in the acquisition of Mr. Beavers products and talents, but in the wave of energy Carbide 3D is generating recently with re-investment in their community, hardware and software!

9 Likes

likewise. well said.

exciting to see progress while other mfgs remain fairly stagnant

3 Likes

Well I guess I wont have an excuse not to buy the HDZ once they get Motion to work with it!! Congrats to all!!

3 Likes

Congrats on the new life experience @Luke Luke!!! Looking forward to seeing what comes next!

I often use that quote when friends here try to tell me I should be “used to” the hot summers here in North Texas since I’m from California.

As a San Francisco California native (currently transplanted to Texas) I almost get a knot in my stomach when I hear “Frisco”. But alas Frisco is actually a city name here in Texas about 45 minutes from me, so as long as it’s in that context it’s all good;) When I hear “Cali” I always think of that song “Going back to Cali” from the 80’s!

Dan

2 Likes

Huge synergy points here.

1 Like