What are the Shapeoko HDZ v5 dimensions

Need to to now the Z footprint of a Shapeoko Pro with Shapeoko HDZ vs ZPlus.

What do you mean by Z “footprint” ? Clearance under the HDZ ?
Happy to make any measurement needed on mine.

1 Like

From the underside of the base to the top of the z steeper motor. Modifying my enclosure and need to know the clearance.

It’s about 355mm on mine

1 Like

Julian, I really appreciate the help. unfortunately, I think your measurement might be off. The Z footprint for the pro equipped with the plus is 19 inches.

The dimension you are looking for is 20-1/16".

Edit: Julien’s measurement of 355mm is the height of the HDZ itself which lines up with the lower part of the cariage that the Z-Plus and HDZ mount to

2 Likes

Yeah I understood that as the base of the HDZ :man_facepalming:
Sorry.

1 Like

Thank you so much. How are you liking the HDZ so far?

Haven’t done much with it yet as I was changing the layout in the garage and then when I swapped out the z-plus with the HDZ I decided to finally fine tune my machine (tram, square, level wasteboard, calibrate X/Y stepper motors, …). I also did and end to end check on bolts and found my linear rails on the x-axis left side where actually loosening which introduced some unwanted movement at the endmill. Now that I did all that maintenance with the HDZ installed it feels solid so ready to upgrade to a spindle. However my recent purchase of gator tooth, tiger claw, lock stops and teez-nutz set me back a bit but thought better workholding was a wiser investment before getting a spindle with janky clamps :slight_smile:

Edit: and I don’t mean to say that the green hulk clamps are janky, they are quiet good in the right scenario, I meant more janky workholding practices due to my limited options at the moment.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.