What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today?

The 7 black HDPE parts are all cut on our SO4 Pro at work and 5 copies of these were made. The movement translation items were ordered and the HDPE parts made to fit the needs of the professor, doctors, and Phd candidates. They will end up in an experimental lab here at the university… because science!

20 Likes

Designed a new cribbage board for a friend. This is black walnut live edge. The small cover on the right is for the pegs and will be held in place by magnets like I usually do. Just asked them if they want something laser engraved on the top as well. I will post another picture once the finish has been applied and it is truly done but I was pretty happy with how it is coming along so far.

10 Likes

It looks interesting but what is it used for?

It is used for targeted injections on rats from my understanding.

2 Likes

What bit and settings (doc, ion) did you use? Been cutting the same wood and had some issue, maybe because I didn’t have tabs. Did this for my kids school

8 Likes

@Frank246 I’m a couple months behind here, but thought I’d pass on my solution on the drag chain after the same thing happened to me several times.

These are solar panel “Z” mount brackets (in case the link disappears. I placed 2 on my Y axis and one on the X axis, stopped the problem from happening.

Of course I needed 3 and it came with 16… Happy to share with anyone in the Dallas area :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’m sending a set of these to Frank, I have two more sets. Anyone else interested, DM me and I’ll send to you for cost of shipping (probably $6 USPS, you can venmo me).

6 Likes

Excellant! I’d be glad to pay you $10 plus shipping if you want to send me 3 of them. Help you recover some of the cost and worth the idea to me.
If not, understand and still appreciate the info. Just let me know via DM

Thanks
Frank

1 Like

Some Christmas ornaments! Made from 1" Teak!

25 Likes

I got roped in to make the coasters, and it’s all I seem to do anymore they’re so popular.

Recently switched to a down cut bit and I am very happy with the clean cuts!

2nd pic is a proof run. Had to tweak the design.

Pre-stained and lacquered maple before cleanup and finish.

9 Likes

Can you link the downcut bit your using?

Sure.

Can’t beat the price.

M

4 Likes

Thanks added to the cart!

A Christmas present for my dear bride (of 51 years!) Made from maple and finished with Special Linseed Oil. It is on a board that is 6" x 6" x 0.7".

I made a separate one for my son, daughter-in-law and grandson out of the other half of the board.

PS. The really hard part of making things like this is finding the board that has one of these inside! :wink:

23 Likes

Fantastic detail, great job!

2 Likes

One of my son’s friends had a grandfather who carved the most amazing birds and woodland creatures, but whose daughters were singularly uninterested in woodworking, so when one of them married, the grandfather, when he had a chance handed his new son-in-law a carving knife and a piece of wood and asked, “What do you see in the wood?”, when the reply was, “I just see a piece of wood.” the knife and wood were taken away and he gave up.

8 Likes

Thanks for the help again John! @45rpm Besides carving the top before cutting the box and not centering it perfect (completely my fault), I think it came out good! Also had some $1 bamboo cutting boards from dollar tree to try it on thanks to @WillAdams!

5 Likes

Glad they worked out!

You should post that to:

I’m sure a lot of folks will get a big kick out of it.

1 Like

@WillAdams it is John’s file he emailed me so I dont want to put it out as I am not the creater and he was gracious enough to send it to me. @45rpm

I designed, cut and assembled 5 of these phone stands with our company logo last night for gifts for my co-workers.

Walnut, lacquer finish. Cut with 1/8" compression endmill and 30° v-bit for the logo on the SO3XXL.

Enjoy!
g

25 Likes

More coasters. 1/8 ball for border and cheapie down cut for cut out. That’s crisp!

What else do you do whilile babysitting the ShapeOko?

Listen to tunes and post, lol.

7 Likes