What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today?

SKOL…SKOL…SKOL

Think you’ll get past my Eagles this year?

1 Like

@KevBarn14 I wish I could give an answer that sounded like I knew what I was talking about. I don’t really follow NFL football so, sure? More of a hockey fan myself.

3 Likes

My old Pre-cnc swale bridge in the garden was getting rotten and lacked a particular maker style.

Fusion Link

23 Likes

My first attempt at sign making.

19 Likes

Nice work. Fort Bragg recently changed its name to Fort Liberty.

1 Like

Fort Bragg, CA is City.
95437 is the Zip Code.

Fort Bragg, the Military Base is not in CA.

2 Likes

You are so right. When writing I thought Ft Bragg was in the southeast but did not look it up. Good catch.

2 Likes

Thank you. A first attempt for me.
Got some good help from @Bnturnbo!
Thanks Brandi, and yes Fort Bragg CA is a small seaside town north of San Francisco.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Glad I could help!

1 Like

Prototype of a “Coffee Scoop n’ Clip”, seen these around and thought I need one of these and maybe something to add to the list when I go to the markets.

Edit: here’s the Coffee Scoop n’ Clip 3d model (.stl)
Scoop Main Body.stl (588.6 KB)

33 Likes

Looks good, Patrick! +1

How did you determine/calculate the volume of the scoop?

So coffee scoops are 2 tablespoons which converts to 29600mm^3 and I wanted the scoop to fit in 1" thick stock. So used some math to calculate the diameter of a cylinder with a specific height (space remaining inside the scoop area). I also use Fusion 360 for my CAD/CAM and when you select “properties” on a body it gives you the volume of the object. So with the “combine” tool (boolean operation) I created a body that represented the volume in the scoop. Also took into consideration the fillet in the bottom of the scoop so once that feature was added used math to determine the extra height I needed to extend the inside of the scoop.

18 Likes

I love it when its not just an accident! :rofl:

5 Likes

Solid engineering, scoop looks good.

2 Likes

That’s amazing, I want one! Great design.

2 Likes

I edited the original post and added the .stl file (at the end after the pictures) if you want to make one.

7 Likes

One of the guys in our Kokomo group did 3 of these in different sizes. One was on old spunky wood, but finished it looked like an owl sitting in a small tree section with bark! I thought he did a great job on his finishes too.

Hey, if you can post yours again after it is completed, sanding & finishing should really make it stand out.

As an aside I did a scaled down Buffalo/Indian Nickel bank. I had to reduce the size to about 6.5" for my Shapeoko 3 as both front and back were on one file and I didn’t want to mess with trying to separate those. It did the 2.5 carving really well, but I had to fix the file at the edge where the rim on the coin is with a wider line. Everything looked just like a Nickle as Menards had a Nickle paint!

That awesome, thank you very much!

1 Like

We will not, no. Still, the best QB you face in your division is Goff you’ve got a shot.

2 Likes

I love this! I have been meaning to buy some chip bag clips and now I have an idea and another reason to make something! I also like that you did math to make the school right. Set me up for fixing a problem I had for another project. I love that the design is simple and functional.

1 Like