What is going on with this eccentric nut (not referring to OP)

Had a crash where only the one Y carriage hit a clamp. Why is this nut sticking out now? I’m going to try and use a C-clamp to push it back to where I expect. I expected the bearing on the other side to be displaced but it looks normal. Perhaps the v-wheel is closer to the plate than it should be but that is not apparent. This is a new one on me.

My inclination would be to disassemble things and check and see if the plate is distorted.

I wouldn’t try to push it around with a clamp.

It looks like the bolt has vibrated loose as the machine has operated, not sure it’s anything to do with the crash.

If you disassemble the V wheel bear in mind that there are some precision shims (look like washers) between the V wheel bearing and the plate, put everything back in the correct order.

I might try tightening the bolt (gently) first to see if that pulls the eccentric back into the plate, if not, take the bolt and V Wheel off and then try to move the eccentric.

3 Likes

It needed a good push back in the right direction. Had to take the wheels off to get at it. Thanks for the tip about the shim, almost lost it!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.