What is the proper post processor

Upon setting up the post processor after the latest Vectric Pro software upgrade (11.554) I noticed that there are two (2) possible selections 1 - Shapeoko or 2 - Carbide Motion ATC. which is the proper post processor for my Shapeoko 4 ?

Carbide Motion ATC should work well with Carbide Motion and it changing tools.

The Shapeoko 2 is an older model.

1 Like

As @WillAdams said, Carbide Motion ATC is the go to post processor if you are using Carbide Motion. Both will work, but if you have tool changes the CM ATC is the one you want to use.

One thing I notice that it does differently from CC is that the router moves into position over the material before turning on and asking for the speed change. It caught me off guard the first time. I was worried it would ram the but I to the wood.

I usually let the bitsetter do its thing and keep thr bitrunner disengaged until that prompt. Then I put sweepy on and engage the bitrunner. Having it over the material instead of at the front can sometimes make putting the deep sweep on more difficult so now I usually keep sweepy on for the bitsetter.

Under the Material Set up Tab, you can select the Home/Starting point of the Toolpath. Set it to 2" above the stock, letting you put the Sweepy dust boot on before the carve starts and after the Tool Change. Also, note the X position is set to 10, which moves the start position away from the (0,0,0) start position.

Per the image and settings, the Start Position is X=10, Y=0, and Z=2.

Starting Point

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.