What Monitor size or Dual Monitors do you have for CAD/Carbide Create

Something like this?

LG 22MD4KA-B UltraFine 4K Display 21.5" UHD 4096x2304 4xUSB-C

EDIT: Apparently not, see below.

1 Like

That’s nearly perfect! Thanks Will.

1 Like

Free would be totally perfect if you ask me. :rofl:

I no sooner left this post and received this Woot link. Woot is a clearing house for amazon and others Computers.Woot

When I was working, I had four 32” monitors setup & absolutely loved it enough that I duplicated it at home. Once you go dusl, tri, quad, huge, you will never want to go back to a single 15” laptop screen.

I’m actually monitoring Best Buy ads now for a 75” (or bigger) 4K tv/monitor because, why not? I’ll planning to install it in direct eye line in my studio with the machines that need a computer.

Yep, total overkill but that’s the reason I worked my behind off for the last forty years, so I could do what I want whenever I want.

3 Likes

So I placed an order for an LG 22MD4KA-B from macofalltrades.com since they have a good rep and that seller on Amazon does not.

The delivery came this morning and on opening discovered that they shipped a 24" version instead of the 22. It won’t fit the space available.

While waiting for delivery I did some research on the LG 22MD4KA-B and learned that it’s prone to failure and was not in production for very long. Consequently they are quite scarce.

So maybe it’s better to have received the 24 instead of the 22 but since I’d have to chop and channel my desk/bookcase to fit it in maybe I should send it back and aim for the 24" M1 iMac instead.

1 Like

Darn. That’s unfortunate.

I prefer high-resolution displays, so will have to keep that in mind.

1 Like

The 24” version of that LG display seems to be much more reliable (although there are a lot of “refurbished” ones) and it is still for sale new at Apple.

And since some cabinet mods will have to be made anyway I’ll wait to see what Apple plans to replace the 27” Intell iMac with, supposedly coming soon. That’s the problem with getting an all in one system, you get sucked back into the pattern of waiting for the new thing. I wish Apple would let you order the iMac ala-carte, one 5k display please, hold the computer.

One more post to note that there are other factors besides size and pixel density to consider.

I forgot about screen reflectivity and height.

Set up the glossy screened LG MD24 in front of the niche the MD22 would have fit into and the reflections were blinding me. I don’t have enough control over the light behind me to avoid them no matter how the screen is tilted or swung.

The venerable 20” Cinema Display currently in the niche has a matte screen (a factory applied plastic layer) and the reflections are tolerable, but the pixel density is archaic. The new 24” iMac has an option to get a factory blasted “nano” texture that covers the whole front surface including bezels.

Even at the lowest height the display was too high for me to comfortably work with. (The iMacs are even higher.) I realized that my posture is focused on the keyboard so the display should be as close to the table top as possible. Taking the display off the stand and using an adjustable mount would work.

Going back to my 15” 2016 MacBook Pro was a relief. Not so sure now that I really want anything larger…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.