Wheels hitting Tension Clips

I replaced all my vwheels on shapeoko 3 standard and now they are running into my tension clips, the new wheels must be wider than original.
Are there newer clips that are a bit narrower, i could file them down i guess

You should be able to slightly loosen each belt anchor clip and cant them away from the V wheels just enough to have clearance.

Some folks remove them and file them down a bit, but that shouldn’t be necessary.

1 Like

for some reason one side of the machine they clear and the other side they dont?
I tried forcing them apart but they still touch

If you can’t loosen them and cant them away, send photos to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

After tightening the clips, I rotate them slightly if they rotate to where the v-wheels ride. I usually just grab a piece of MDF scrap or plastic and just give it a few taps to rotate it about the bolt.

2 Likes

i had no issues till i replaces all the vwheels and belts, something got shifted

As noted, current production V wheels are wider than the originals — let us know at support@carbide3d.com if you continue to have difficulties.

2 Likes

When you tighten the belt clips they tent to rotate and interfere with the v wheels. Loosen the bolts slightly and use a pair of pliers to hold the belt clips in place as you tighten them with the allen wrench. This keeps the clips from rotating from the torque of the bolt tightening without holding the clip with pliers.

3 Likes

I’ve had the same issue. This is a very poor design.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.