Where did I see a router tramming setup?

OK, so I had another look at this today, after taking out the waste board and using the baseboard as the datum point, after checking the horizontals and verticals with a spirit level.

The problem was still there, i.e. front to back with the wobbly stick was fine, but side to side had a 6mm difference.

I slackened the screws to the adjust the tramming plate on the Z-Plus plate, but could only adjust it by 1mm either side, so the difference is 4mm - at least an improvement!

I then loosened the router mounting clamp and had a play with that, tightened it up, rechecked the tramming with the wobbly stick and it appears to be perfectly in line - at least for now.

I’m expecting a flattening bit to be delivered over the next couple of days, so I’m going to run a project to give it some work to do, then check it out again. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, guys :+1:

1 Like

I used the PwnCNC tramming arm and some 123 blocks, as Winston’s video mentioned. About as accurate as this machine is going to need.

That seems to be a pretty straightforward setup, @Vustadumas, but I’m UK-based, so getting hold of that tramming arm is a bit difficult (more in postage than it costs to buy!) and everything in the UK seems disproportionately expensive! Or maybe I’m just being cheap.

I can get hold of the 123 blocks, though :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.