Where Is everyone located request

A long time ago I was a member of a Christmas Light club and this group covered mostly the state of Texas and a few other states and even other countries. I think it would be nice to have a feature that would allow members to make a selection in our profile and allow others to see where you are located. We had local member meetings and work parties and help sessions during the year.

This feature would be great when other members have issues or would like to meet and greet.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Anthony

1 Like

The Unofficial Facebook Group has a post which links to a Google Maps document which does this:

You’ll need to be an approved member of the group to see it:

Why is that anyone’s business but mine? I certainly wouldn’t join Facebook and tell all.

4 Likes

I don’t do facebook!

Anthony

4 Likes

Tex and Anthony:

Well stated Tex and like Anthony I do not do Facebook.

Bill

2 Likes

There’s a location option in your forum profile. Click on my avatar (little pic by my name), and you’ll see where I am.

3 Likes

I did that on my profile several weeks ago. I just haven’t seen others with the location until yours. I thought it was private. Still I think it would be nice to see where everyone is at and if close enough people could set up a visit if they wanted to do that.

Anthony

2 Likes

I’m not a Facebook person either but my location is quite visible. I wonder if there is a way to merge content from the Facebook group into this forum?

Funny I have nothing to contribute to this thread other then I don’t do Facebook either! Ha ha

1 Like

Mine’s in my profile too. But I obfuscated it a bit… 42.655701 N, 82.61936 W :wink:
Algonac, MI (A bit north/east of Detroit)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.