Why are my pocket toolpaths not showing up?

Hello,
I am a new user of the carbide create software and I am trying to do a simple pocketing operation. For some reason the tool paths are not showing up after I create the pocket. Additionally, the simulation does not show anything. I have attached the file for review. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Rohan

baseModification.c2d (89.0 KB)

From looking at your file it appears that your vectors are not continuous, they are several pieces that can be moved separately.

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks for the info. The geometry is an imported DXF from Solidworks. Do you know if there is a way to knit the vectors together in Carbide Create? I tried grouping the vectors but that didn’t work.

Please see:

If you continue to have difficulties, send the file to us at support@carbide3d.com or post it here.

2 Likes

This worked, thanks!

For anyone else: I selected the disjointed vectors and clicked “join vectors” which created extraneous vectors. I then selected the newly created closed loops and chose “boolean union”. Finally, I selected the extra vectors and deleted.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.