Why is the line tool, the most basic tool one of the worst

Hi friends, I wanted to have an inquiry today as to why the line tool is in such a rough state. We have trouble inserting nodes, deleting nodes, crash after crash because of nodes, I could draw in paint and import it and have a better time than trying to get 1/4 of the drawing done on CC. The whole setup is not very friendly. Snapping is a pain, curves are done right but become a pain as soon as a trailing end is too long (can cause lasso effect). Lengths take longer than they should.

And finally DO YOU THINK I WANTED TO CANCEL EDITING THAT LINE WHEN I MISCLICKED BY 2 PIXELS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

1 Like

What version are you using? I haven’t seen an actual crash in quite some time. (i.e. the program memory dumps & exits)

CC is indeed rather quirky. But once you understand the quirks & limitations, it’s pretty easy to create what you need to do most projects. A few are just beyond it’s capabilities for a free / cheap software.

It would be cool to be able to turn off node snapping. And have both node snap & grid snap hotkeys.

1 Like

Sometimes when I want to design something really precise, I will draw it in a different program and then export it as an svg or dxf to CC. That’s how I made all the angles for my vertical holding jig. I made it in lightburn, then exported. It was too cumbersome in CC.

Same here - I use illustrator and then import svg

And here. I almost never design in CC, Affinity Designer has far more robust tools. Then, as mentioned, import SVG.