Will not complete homing cycle

1. If started with Router down and the gantry moved to the middle of the x - y space. And with Y left disconnected. (have been working on this for a while.)
    a. router comes up and homes then starts moving back (Y) and router (X) starts moving to home.
    b. if X axis gets to home before y axis gets all the way to its home
    i. x axis motor jiggles back and forth
    ii y axis motor stops
    c. if y axis gets home before x axis gets to home
    i y axis homes
    ii x axis jiggles until cycle is canceled
    d. start the homing cycle with everything at home position
    i nothing moves nothing happens initialization never completes
    e start with only x axis needing to home
    i nothing moves initialization never completes
    f. start with Y axis needing to home (everything else at home)
    i nothing moves
    g. start with Z axis down (router) and y axis needing to home (x axis at home)
    i Z axis moves up to home
    i. then nothing
    Please I am seeking any insight or help

What version of Carbide Motion are you running? What machine do you have?

1 Like

build:618

GRBL 1.1f

Shapeoko 4 XXL

The cases you’ve outlined all sound like it’s not pulling off the limit switches prior to homing. Can you confirm that the failures come when the home switches all show the red LED illuminated?

1 Like

the homing problem seems to be with the X axis not pulling off. if things are moving it will come up until the light comes on then starts jittering
Z axis moves up light comes on, it backs off, bumps up until light flashes and then steps out one.
If both X and Y need to home then they both start.
y can home fine but X comes up until the X axis home light turns on but can’t back off

If you can send a video of that to support with a link to this thread, we’ll take a look.

1 Like

I have been working with support through email. Just not responding lately. I believe they should have some links to Google Drive which has multiple videos.
let me know if not I can do some more videos or try to link you to them
thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.