Wood Texture Question

I’m trying to recreate an old style. I was wondering if anyone has a hack to immitate the wood grain at the bottom of a pocket, or if my only option is to pay for the CC Pro?

Use the Texture feature with suitable settings?

2 Likes

What an instant reply. I’ve not only never used the function I also didn’t realize it was there. Any good tutorials or just play around?

I suppose you could delete this thread too.

Or mask off the other areas & sandblast the background. :wink:

2 Likes

I found tinkering with the settings many times and doing a couple prototype cuts worked well for my use case of the textured background

These were the settings I ended up on for this sign

use that info how you will

7 Likes

Thanks a ton, Steven. I like the look you got. I’ll definitely steal those numbers as the starting place for my tinkering.

Tod, I love the enthusiasm. The thing is I’m so ignorant in this area I’m not even sure that you’re joking.

Analog method: That kind of aging effect may be achievable with a wire brush, or in combination with torching first.

2 Likes

Also sand blasting if you have something available.

1 Like

Definitely not joking. Sand blasting will remove the softer parts of the grain & leave the harder parts giving pretty much that exact weathered look in your first pics. I’ve done it on decorative items, and even on finish carpentry in a house.

1 Like

This should work great. Thanks guys.

4 Likes

That looks good. Contour about 1/8" deep around the letters & border to clean it up :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.