WYZE Camera Mount

In the 3D world WYZE camera mounts are very popular projects. I have a WYZE from a printer I don’t use much and I tested it using double-stick and it works much better than any previous attempts (guts from webcams, etc.)

I did an initial search and didn’t come-up with anything. Would love something like what I have on my printer–mounted on one of the front corner elevated a bit.

Any body seen anything like that?

1 Like

You need to search Julien’s posts on cameras. Really good stuff. Maybe mounting ideas.

1 Like

The thread covers a lot of my attempts at various camera mounts…but they’re all designed around the spindle (and my custom dust shoe holder), not on a fixed point / front corner like John mentioned above.

1 Like

I got one and just taped it up on the wall of my enclosure. I was considering getting longer bolts for the rail mount point and make a mounting arm there that would get the camera up and further in a bit, but that sounded like a lot more work and something I was fine not having.

I use a Wyze camera but just mounted in the enclosure. You can get something like
https://www.amazon.com/Yuzz-Complete-Mounting-Accessories-Including/dp/B07SLSHHZ8/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=wyze+camera+bracket&qid=1613154979&sr=8-8

which means you don’t have to use the magnet option if you’d be annoyed by it getting bumped. That’s what I have although I use the magnet+3M everywhere else. Note this is for v2 only, not the new v3 cameras.

This is my view (on a failing camera day). I can at least see where the machine is working, if it’s stalled/ready for toolchange, and can listen with the mic on. Usually I’m in the same room, so audio cues are the most helpful when remote.

I’m guessing a vantage point like this is more useful though - you may want to look at endoscope cameras that some folks have worked up for 3D printers. The XXL bed is pretty big so with a Wyze cam you’re not going to see much detail at the cutting interface for most of the jobs.

I may try the magnetic mount(s). I tried endoscope and never go anything useful. For a while I had the guts of a web cam (from a laser scanner project) screwed to the rafters. I do a lot of small detail projects so it wasn’t useful to have a wide angle because what I wanted to see was hidden by the router. A few inches above bed height and to the right is optimal I think. I may do an enclosure some day…

You could always use a wyze outdoor camera and mount it right on the gantry. That’s probably the cheapest least fussy solution, Wi-Fi and battery that lasts a few months for 50 bucks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.