X and Y axis off

I have tried this car for at least four times and it seems like each time my ex, and Y axis gets messed up. With this most recent carve, I don’t know what happened and why it has created two outlines of the flag as seen in these pictures also, the stripes don’t even line up even though they line up in the simulation picture.

PLEASE HELP

What type of machine do you have?

Is it mechanically sound?

How deep are these slots which you are cutting?

Are you sure the stock isn’t shifting? The clamps are being used in a way which minimizes their leverage. See:

I don’t see any open tickets for you on support, but there are a couple where we asked questions in an effort to assist, but no further information was provided.

What type of machine do you have?
Shapeoko Pro

Is it mechanically sound?
I don’t know what that means but it has worked fine for 3 months and whenever I do anything else. It has only been with this cut.

How deep are these slots which you are cutting?

Are you sure the stock isn’t shifting? The clamps are being used in a way which minimizes their leverage.
I don’t think it is shifting…I mean I sat there while it cut and I never saw it move…maybe I need larger clamps

Are you running into the end of movement and losing steps?

Post the file?

What size machine do you have and where is the stock secured?

Shapeoko Pro CNC Router XXL

I secured the piece of wood with these clamps:

A. Check the setscrews for the drive pulleys on the motors, those are notorious for loosening up after a while.
B. You really need to work on a better clamping strategy. You are using those green clamps incorrectly.
They work best when the hold down screw is closest to the workpiece. In your case, you need longer bolts, and a spacer to so that the clamp is at least parallel to the table.

There are various YouTube videos on different methods to hold down your workpiece.

Where is the origin in the file?

Are you sure you aren’t running against the limits of travel to one side or the other and losing steps?

Tara

Look at the clamps for the belts on the gantry. The belts are installed wrong and the belt looks very lose. in the assembly manual look at picture figure 4-5 tiles 1,2 and 3 for the proper assembly method. I believe your belt is slipping and causing your z assembly to track off its mark.

page 22 figure 4-5 tiles 1,2 and 3

Be sure and check all other belt clamps and correct as needed

Anthony

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.