Hello everyone. I am a “newbie” so please be patient.
I had a few issues when I purchased the CNC but Rollie was able to get me up and running. The machine has been doing very well until recently.He is awesome. My current issues are as follows…
(1) Sometimes I get the “Cutter not found” message when I try to connect even though it is powered up and connected to my Macbook.
(2) Occasionally, I lose connection but typically not while cutting. I believe it is usually while jogging.
(3) The machine often has issues maintaining correct zeros for X and Y. Part way through the job X or Y (sometimes both) will shift and screw up my work. It is as though a belt slipped even though the belts are tight.
(4) Occasionally, after setting my 3 zeros with the Bit Zero and after the Bit Setter has run through its cycle, my Z zero is way off. Sometimes the cutter is 1.5 inches above my work (not too awful bad as there was no damage) and other times it drives the bit into the work until the router bottoms out.
(5) Sometimes when using the “rapid position” it fails to move all the way to the left but sometimes after this happens I can manually jog the machine the rest of the way using my computer. When it stops part way using the rapid position feature, it sounds as though it is hitting something and unable to get past it.
Here is something I did find but do not know if this is a contributing factor. While the CNC is powered up and connected to my computer, I am able to move my X and Y axis by pushing on it. It takes a little effort, but not a crazy amount. Also, I have confirmed when this takes place, the belt is not slipping and the cogged pulley (not sure what it is called) on the motor is not slipping. I know this to be true because when I move it manually, I can feel the shaft turning through the back of the motor.
I’ve emailed and called Carbide 3D but that’s not working out too well. They have responded with some questions and requests for phones and I responded with answers and photos. I am really frustrated with the machine as it’s been down for over a week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.