X Axis Issues Shapeoko 4 XXL

Hey guys, I have the shapeoko 4 XXL and was machining MDF today and suddenly CNC malfunctioned on X Axis, blowing through material erroneously to the left. I stopped the machine and found what I think to be a set screw that had fallen out on the CNC bed. When I try to re-initialize, the router returns to the back right as it should, then moves to front center to initialize bit change, when I confirm bit change it does a bunch of jumpy movements before trying to move to bit setter. However, the router bit plunges prematurely instead of on bitsetter (front right) and tries to plunge to the left of it. I didn’t put the machine together myself so I’m not sure what the screw goes to - nothing is “apparently” missing a screw.

Any idea what the screw is for that (presumably) came out the machine?
Any idea how to fix?

Check the X axis pulley - it should have 2 set screws, one over the flat of the motor shaft. Mark it so that you can tell in the future if it is loose.
IMG_1797

1 Like

Thank you. Unfortunately I’m not sure that’s it - I checked and looks like all is there. Here’s what the screw looks like for ref., it’s about 5.8 mm in diameter.

I think your best bet would be to loop in support with that photo, they’ll likely be able to identify it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.