XYZ issue after using Jtec laser LightBurn software

@Corvus0369 Glad you got going again.
Now I’m wondering what the $10 = 255 is for and why Motion needs it to work correctly.
Does LightBurn not work if $10 = 255?
The possible values for $10, as programmed in grbl v1.1 are 0,1, and 2…that’s it. It is actually 2 sets of boolean values, 0 & 1 determine whether the work position(0) or machine position(1) is reported and the buffer report is off, and a value of 2 will be machine position AND buffer reported. Any UI should be able to handle the different values with some basic math. I’m not sure how CM uses the buffer state, but that extra info shouldn’t affect LightBurn. The extra bunches of bits (3-255) don’t do anything on grbl’s end. I can’t imagine CM is looking for that $10 = 255, and saying “if the value is not 255, make the machine unusable”.
Anyway…sorry about that unnecessary addition to this thread. I need to go to bed.

1 Like

My understanding is that setting $10=0 is only required for LightBurn to report current X/Y position as positive values from the zero (set in the lower-left of the work area) in the UI, while by default the negative offsets (= machine position) are displayed. Now, why would the Shapeoko’s default setting be 255, I have no idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.